NOLA BOUND (Case Study)
The Louisiana Family Recovery Corps launched NOLA Bound in late 2006 to facilitate informed decision-making for out-of-state displaced Greater New Orleans Area residents in their efforts to return to the region following Hurricane Katrina.
Residents could make personal contact with a NOLA Bound liaison to learn more about the state of neighborhood, job opportunities and social services.
EBONetworks partnered with the Ehrhardt Group to design and implement a media and public outreach campaign to drive displaced residents to call the NOLA Bound assistance line.
- “Party with a Purpose” events in Houston and Memphis
- Media interviews in the Top 10 markets with displaced residents
- Satellite media tours
- Public Outreach
- Church visits
- Public meetings
- Direct mail
- Outward-bound phone calls to displaced residents
- Internet advertising and communication
- Website development
- More than 20,000 calls placed to the NOLA Bound call center during a six-month period.
- Media coverage reaching more than 10 million people in markets, such as Chicago, Houston, Atlanta, Dallas and St. Louis.
- More than 500 attendees at “Parties with a Purpose” in Houston and Atlanta
- Coordination of direct mail campaign to 35,000 displaced residents, in conjunction with NOLA Bound staff.